Advanced Manual Techniques in Cervical Spine Lubbock May 2021
~8 Contact Hours
This hands-on course provides a unique experience to learn & practice advanced manual techniques, specifically created to effectively assess and treat movement dysfunctions and musculoskeletal pain generators. This course can be also taken in support of the Cervical Spine NEXT course to meet certification requirements.
Instructors will emphasize on mastering manual approaches. All associated theory and interpretation of findings are included in the online, hybrid and NEXT courses so participants can dedicate this 8-hr course to practice hands-on skills. Nevertheless, instructors will reinforce these concepts as they perform the specific techniques.
- Identify, through a systematic process, 5 different key landmarks around the cervical complex aimed to assist in the clinical examination and joint specific treatment clinical approaches.
- Decide which specific clinical tests are the most informative for diagnosis from the general clinical examination of the cervical segments for a patient with acute, recurrent or chronic cervical pain.
- Design 3 effective treatment interventions for each of the following
- acute pain such as those related to whiplash and cervicogenic headaches.
- recurrent discogenic pain.
- localized myofascial pain syndrome that contributes to restrictions in the cervical region.