Advanced Manual Techniques in Foot and Ankle Lubbock Aug 2021
~8 Contact Hours
This hands-on course provides a unique experience to learn & practice advanced manual techniques, specifically created to effectively assess and treat movement dysfunctions and musculoskeletal pain generators. This course can be also taken in support of the Foot and Ankle NEXT course to meet certification requirements.
Instructors will emphasize on mastering manual approaches. All associated theory and interpretation of findings are included in the online, hybrid and NEXT courses so participants can dedicate this 8-hr course to practice hands-on skills. Nevertheless, instructors will reinforce these concepts as they perform the specific techniques.
- Identify, through a systematic process, 5 different key landmarks around the foot and ankle complex aimed to assist in the clinical examination and joint specific treatment clinical approaches.
- Decide which specific clinical tests are the most informative for diagnosis from the general clinical examination of the foot and ankle complex for a patient with acute, recurrent or chronic foot and ankle pain.
- Design 3 effective treatment interventions for each of the following
- acute pain such as those related to anterior tibio-talat impingement..
- recurrent functional instability of the ankle.
- localized myofascial pain syndrome that contributes to restrictions in the ankle and foot region.