Advanced Manual Techniques in Thoracic Spine Searcy AR Oct 2021
~8 Contact Hours
This hands-on course provides a unique experience to learn & practice advanced manual techniques, specifically created to effectively assess and treat movement dysfunctions and musculoskeletal pain generators. This course can be also taken in support of the Thoracic Spine NEXT course to meet certification requirements.
Instructors will emphasize on mastering manual approaches. All associated theory and interpretation of findings are included in the online, hybrid and NEXT courses so participants can dedicate this 8-hr course to practice hands-on skills. Nevertheless, instructors will reinforce these concepts as they perform the specific techniques.
- By the end of the course the participant will be able to
identify, through a systematic process, 5 different key landmarks around the thoracic complex aimed to assist in the clinical examination and joint specific treatment clinical approaches.
- decide which specific clinical tests are the most informative for diagnosis from the general clinical examination of the thoracic segments for a patient with acute, recurrent or chronic thoracic and rib pain.
- design 3 effective treatment interventions for each one of the following:
- acute pain such as those related to thoracic spine and ribs.
- recurrent discogenic pain.
- localized myofascial restrictions and pain syndrome of the thoracic and rib region.