- This event has passed.
Clinical Examination and Musculoskeletal Management of Hip Pain – Austin TX Aug 2021
August 28 - August 29
~15 Contact Hours + 8 Hours of online self-study
In this course we present advancements in patho-anatomy and pathomechanics as they relate to the hip and pubic symphysis and special tests, followed by discussion on interpretation of functional examination.
This course will discuss specifically: Patho-anatomy of the hip, clinical examination and clinical examination history, interpretation, formulate a framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the hip, hip biomechanics including kinematics & kinetics, neural issues, lumbar spine issues, joint issues and how to diagnose groin pain including lateral hip pain and buttock pain.
Objectives and Goals
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
• Exhibit an exact knowledge of pathoanatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the Hip.
• Perform a concise clinical examination of the Hip.
• Show an understanding of how to interpret the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Hip.
• Perform effective treatment through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Hip.
• Choose the most effective techniques for mobilization of the Hip.
• Create a plan for combining soft tissue and specific articulation techniques to affect total treatment of the Hip.
• Apply framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the Hip.
This course will consist of live lecture and hands-on lab demonstration modeling techniques over the course of 2 days.
There will be a maximum of 16:1 student to instructor ratio.