- This event has passed.
Clinical Examination and Musculoskeletal Management of Knee Pain – Anchorage Jan 2021
January 15 - January 16
~15 Contact Hours + 8 Hours of online self-study
The online portion of this course is available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed.
The LIVE portion of this course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used and participants receive a manual with all course materials printed.
We have designed this program to allow flexibility in learning and opportunities for review. The emphasis on theoretical content in the online experience is designed to complement the emphasis on hands-on experiences in the two-day live course. In order to optimize the connection between the theoretical content and hands-on experience, each individual has six months** to review online information; this includes three months before and three months after attending the two-day live course.
The hands-on experience at the two-day live courses emphasizes teaching and practicing clinical examination, differential diagnosis, management development, and orthopedic manual therapy. This experience focuses on techniques and problem solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis and application via case studies.
Objectives and Goals
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Exhibit an exact knowledge of pathoanatomy, physiology, and biomechanics of the Knee.
- Perform a concise clinical examination of the Knee.
- Show an understanding of how to interpret the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Knee.
- Perform effective treatment through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Knee.
- Choose the most effective techniques for mobilization of the Knee.
- Create a plan that combines soft tissue and specific articulation techniques to affect total treatment of the Knee.
- Apply a framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the Knee.
This course will consist of live lecture and hands-on lab demonstration modeling techniques over the course of 2 days.
There will be a maximum of 16:1 student to instructor ratio.