- This event has passed.
Hand & UE : Systematic Evaluation and Treatment of the Shoulder Green Bay WI Mar 2021
March 20 - March 21
Instructors: Ann Porretto-Loehrke & Jamie Bergner
- Saturday 0730 AM
- Saturday 0800 – 6:30 PM
- Sunday 0800 – 3:15 PM
Covid-19 vaccination or medical letter needed to attend the shoulder course. Immunization card or a medical waver to present upon registration.
If you have a medical reason for not getting the vaccine the following may apply.
Instead of CDC Vaccination card we can accept an official note signed by a licensed medical provider stating medical justification as to why they should not have the vaccine. Note is to include letter head from the healthcare system including physician contact information.
Shoulder Course Description
14.5 Contact Hours / 11 Procert CCUs – Instructor-led Training
Participants will be able to perform joint specific mobilization techniques that address capsular restrictions with limitations to 90⁰ and at end-range, testing and treatment of limitations at the AC and SC joints. Therapists will understand the difference in clinical presentation between clients with external and internal impingement and assess the integrity of the rotator cuff musculature, identify bursal irritation and perform special tests related to impingement and instability.
Objectives and Goals
Through a combination of lecture and lab, participants will…
- Perform a systematic clinical examination to determine the most efficient course of treatment.
- Perform joint specific mobilization techniques to address capsular restrictions with limitations to 90 degrees and at end-range.
- Perform testing and treatment of limitations at the AC and SC joints.
- Understand the difference in clinical presentation between clients with external and internal impingement.
- Assess the integrity of the rotator cuff musculature, identify bursal irritation, and perform special tests related to impingement and instability.
- Develop and understanding of muscle groups to emphasize with shoulder rehabilitation using the most current research.
This course will consist of live lecture and hands-on lab demonstration modeling techniques over the course of 2 days.
There will be a maximum of 16:1 student to instructor ratio.