Hand & UE : Systematic Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist 2 Green Bay WI Jan 2021
January 16, 2021 - January 17, 2021
Instructor: Ann Porretto-Loehrke
- Saturday 0730 AM
- Saturday 0800 – 6:30 PM
- Sunday 0800 – 3:15 PM
Wrist II Course Description
14.5 Contact Hours / 11 Procert CCUs – Instructor-led Training
This course will address
- understanding the complexity of various types of wrist instability, both within the proximal row as well as the midcarpal joint. Up-to-date research regarding our understanding of this complexity issue
- surface anatomy: carpals and wrist flexors & extensors
- quick review of row techniques; joint specific treatment: midcarpal manipulation techniques
- conservative management of pre-dynamic wrist instability
- surgical management of wrist instability with clinical pearls for rehabilitation
- nerve entrapments of the wrist with neural flossing
Objectives and Goals
- Further explore of the carpal kinetics and kinematics to enhance understanding of carpal instability.
- Through the use of surface anatomy, identify key bony and soft tissue structures at the wrist needed for testing and treatment of wrist instability.
- Develop an understanding of the classification criteria of instability and how they complement each other to form a more complete picture.
- Perform specific manual therapy testing techniques to identify and treat limitations at the radiocarpal, midcarpal, and specific carpal joints.
- Develop an understanding of the different surgical techniques to address carpal instabilities as well as TFCC and DRUJ instabilities.
- Identify appropriate therapeutic management and precautions of non surgical and postsurgical instability diagnoses.
- Perform specific testing and treatment techniques to identify and address nerve compressions at the wrist and forearm level.