Advanced Manual Techniques in Thoracic Spine and Ribs Lubbock TX Oct 2022
8 Contact Hours / .8 CEUs
This hands-on course provides a unique experience to learn & practice advanced manual techniques, specifically created to effectively assess and treat movement dysfunctions and musculoskeletal pain generators. This course can be also taken in support of the Thoracic Spine NEXT course to meet certification requirements.
Instructors will emphasize on mastering manual approaches. All associated theory and interpretation of findings are included in the online, hybrid and NEXT courses so participants can dedicate this 8-hr course to practice hands-on skills. Nevertheless, instructors will reinforce these concepts as they perform the specific techniques.
Target Audience: PT, PTA, AT, OT, OTA
Educational Level: Basic
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- We will not offer partial credit. Online courses: Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit. Live courses: Participants must attend all the activities. Attendees must sign an attendance sheet for the course, placing their name, license number and state, and signature for both morning and afternoon attendance..
- identify, through a systematic process, 5 different key landmarks around the thoracic complex aimed to assist in the clinical examination and joint specific treatment clinical approaches.
- decide which specific clinical tests are the most informative for diagnosis from the general clinical examination of the thoracic segments for a patient with acute, recurrent or chronic thoracic and rib pain.
- design 3 effective treatment interventions for each one of the following:
- acute pain such as those related to thoracic spine and ribs.
- recurrent discogenic pain.
- localized myofascial restrictions and pain syndrome of the thoracic and rib region.
3601, 4th Street, Lubbock, Texas, 79430, United States
8:00 am – 5:45 pm