Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Foot and Ankle – Kansas City KS Oct 2021
~15 Contact Hours + 8 Hours of online self-study
The online portion of this course is available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed.
The LIVE portion of this course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used and participants receive a manual with all course materials printed.
This course presents the examination and treatment of afflictions in the foot / ankle complex. This course presents advancements in patho-anatomy and pathomechanics as they relate to the complex. There is discussion on interpretation of functional examination, the basic functional examination and special tests. The course includes management approaches to arthritis/arthosis, instability, peripheral nerve mobility limits and entrapment (including Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome), and soft tissue afflictions (including tendinitis, tenosynovitis, fasciitis, and bursitis). There is extensive hands-on lab time for all participants
The hands-on experience at the two-day live courses emphasizes teaching and practicing clinical examination, differential diagnosis, management development, and orthopedic manual therapy. This experience focuses on techniques and problem solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis and application via case studies.
Contact email@example.com to request approval in your state.
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- An exact knowledge of patho-anatomy, physiology,and biomechanics of the Ankle and Foot.
- The ability to perform a concise clinical examination of the Ankle and Foot.
- Methodology for interpreting the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Ankle and Foot.
- The ability to perform effective treatment through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Ankle and Foot.
- The most effective techniques for mobilization of the Ankle and Foot.
- The ability to combine soft tissue and specific articulation techniques to affect total treatment of the Ankle and Foot.
- A framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the Ankle and Foot.
This course will consist of live lecture and hands-on lab demonstration modeling techniques over the course of 2 days.
There will be a maximum of 16:1 student to instructor ratio.
5200, West 94th Terrace, Prairie Village, Kansas, 66207, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:15 pm
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval.|