Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Hip Anchorage AK Oct 2022
22.5 Education Hours: 8 hours of Online Self Study + 14.5 Hours hands-on experience
8 hrs of this course is a self-pace on-line course available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed. Your course certificate will be available for you to print upon completion of the course.
This course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used, and participants receive a digital manual with all course materials. Instructors evaluate the participants understanding during the course by Instructor Observation and skills self-assessments.
This course will discuss specifically: Patho-anatomy of the hip, clinical examination and clinical examination history, interpretation, formulate a framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the hip, hip biomechanics including kinematics & kinetics, neural issues, lumbar spine issues, joint issues and how to diagnose groin pain including lateral hip pain and buttock pain.
The hands-on experience at the two-day live courses emphasizes teaching and practicing clinical examination, differential diagnosis, management development, and orthopedic manual therapy. This experience focuses on techniques and problem solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis and application via case studies.
Target Group: PT, PTA, ATC
Educational Level: Basic
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- We will not offer partial credit. Online courses: Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit. Live courses: Participants must attend all the activities. Attendees must sign an attendance sheet for the course, placing their name, license number and state, and signature for both morning and afternoon attendance..
- integrate pathoanatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the Hip into 5 potential differential diagnosis.
- Perform a concise clinical examination of the Hip.
- Apply a methodology for interpreting the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Hip.
- Perform effective treatment through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Hip.
- •Apply effective techniques for mobilization of the Hip.
- Integrate soft tissue and specific articulation techniques to affect total treatment of the Hip.
- Analyze a specific framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the Hip
1917, Abbott Road, Anchorage, Alaska, 99507, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:15 pm