Clinical Examination and Musculoskeletal Management of Shoulder Pain Laramie WY Jun 2022
~15 Contact Hours + 8 Hours of online self-study
The online portion of this course is available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed.
The LIVE portion of this course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used and participants receive a manual with all course materials printed.
The IAOM Shoulder course takes an in-depth look at Shoulder patho-anatomy, including the Glenohumeral joint, the SC joint and AC joint. Participants learn about Clinical Examination, including specific Cases and Mock Clinics. Interpretation and surface anatomy are discussed at length. The instructors detail Impingement Syndrome: bursal inflammation and rotator cuff lesions followed by additional testing and soft tissue treatment. Joint specific treatment techniques for limitations in ranges under 90° elevation, to improve arm elevation, end-range techniques SC/AC joints are also discussed
The hands-on experience at the two-day live courses emphasizes teaching and practicing clinical examination, differential diagnosis, management development, and orthopedic manual therapy. This experience focuses on techniques and problem solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis and application via case studies.
- Exhibit an exact knowledge of shoulder pathoanatomy, physiology, and biomechanics.
- Perform a concise clinical examination.
- Show an understanding of now t interpret clinical exams, to offer your clients precise diagnoses.
- Apply a framework for prescribing affliction-specific exercises.
- Choose the most successful techniques for treating tendons, ligaments, and peripheral nerves.
- Display an understanding of shoulder biomechanics and how the entire upper quarter relates to function and pathology.
- Create a plan that combines soft tissue techniques, joint mobilization techniques and the best exercises for shoulder instability, impingement, and adhesive capsulitis.
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:15 pm
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval.|