Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Knee – Leawood KS – Aug 2023
22.5 Education Hours: 8 hours of Online Self Study + 14.5 Hours of hands-on experience
Know what you are treating as a conservative care clinician. Many chronic anterior horn lesions or extensor mechanism strains are misdiagnosed as patellofemoral problems, leading to mis-, under- or over treatment and months to years of lost healing time. It is essential to test accurately – both by technique and palpation – to identify the myriad of structures that can contribute to or perpetuate anterior, medial, lateral, or posterior knee pain.
Online self-study lectures include an in-depth look at knee joint pathoanatomy, selective clinical testing to discern differential diagnoses, as well as strategies that guide the clinician to create patient-specific plans of care individualized for acute, recurrent, and chronic knee conditions.
The 2 day in-person course offers short lectures with extensive hands-on practical labs. Course content focuses on surface anatomy and clinical examination with special testing that leads to an accurate diagnosis for best-practice planning in patient care. This experience focuses on techniques and problem-solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis, and application. Topics include selecting both assessment and treatment techniques to provide care effectively for: meniscus lesions – acute versus chronic versus anterior/posterior horn lesions versus midbody tears; ligament pathology from sprain to rupture; functional instability; proximal tibiofibular arthropathies, patellofemoral, tibiofemoral arthropathies, tendinopathies, and neuropathies.
Method of Instruction
The 8 hours of online study is self-paced and available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). Viewing time can be started and stopped as desired. Course certificates can be printed upon completion of the course.
The LIVE portion of this course offers short lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and mentoring techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used, and participants receive a digital manual with all course materials. This experience focuses on techniques and problem solving, as well as clinical analysis, synthesis and application via case studies. Instructors ensure participant understanding via observation and skills self-assessments.
Target Group: PT, PTA, ATC
Educational Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: Diagnosis and Management of the Knee, an 8-hour online lecture series – included with registration.
- Become an expert in evaluation of knee conditions with confidence in differentiating various musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Effectively combine selective treatment methodologies from manual therapy to movement to psychosocial considerations that lead to optimal and efficient patient outcomes.
At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
12728, State Line Road, Leawood, Kansas, 66209, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:15 pm