Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Lumbar Spine and SI Joint Eugene OR Sep 2022
~15 Contact Hours + 8 Hours of online self-study
The online portion of this course is available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed.
The LIVE portion of this course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques. PowerPoint presentations are used and participants receive a manual with all course materials printed.
The IAOM live (hands-on) Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint course takes an in-depth look at lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint biomechanics and pathoanatomy (including primary and secondary disc dysfunctions, zygapopheseal pathologies, functional instability, sacroiliac joint complex dysfunctions, etc.), basic and specific clinical examination of the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint complex, clinical interpretation and differential diagnosis, management suggestions for acute and recurrent/chronic lumbar and SIJ conditions, traction principles, overall management of low back pain, among others.
The LIVE course offers live lecture and extensive hands-on lab demonstrating and modeling techniques: skilled practical labs (demonstration and practice) of soft tissue treatment and joint specific mobilization/manipulation of lumbar segments and sacroiliac for treatment of joint and soft tissue related dysfunctions. PowerPoint presentations are used, and participants receive a manual with all course materials printed. Instructors evaluate the participants understanding during the course by Instructor Observation and skills self-assessments.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state.
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- We will not offer partial credit. Online courses: Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit. Live courses: Participants must attend all the activities. Attendees must sign an attendance sheet for the course, placing their name, license number and state, and signature for both morning and afternoon attendance..
- Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Exhibit an exact knowledge of pathoanatomy, physiology, and biomechanics for the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint and related disorders.
- Perform a concise clinical examination of the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint and related disorders.
- Show an understanding of how to interpret the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint and related disorders.
- Perform effective treatment for primary disc-related pathology through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint and related disorders.
- Apply a framework for planning the prescription of affliction-specific exercises for Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint and related disorders.
1144, Willagillespie Road, Eugene, Oregon, 97401, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:15 pm