Dry Needling for the Upper Quarter and Hand – Waco TX – Apr 2023
26 Contact Hours/2.6 CEUs – 7 hours online and 19 hours live
7 hrs of this course is a self-paced online course available 24/7. It is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed. Your course certificate will be available for you to print upon completion of the course.
This two day intensive will prepare participants to treat several diagnoses involving myofascial pain in the neck and upper quarter
The importance of safety and clean techniques are taught and practiced throughout the workshop, ensuring that participants become accustomed to working with gloves and maintaining a neat and safe workspace throughout. They will practice the techniques of inserting, manipulating, removing, and disposing of the needles on the first morning of the course.
Students will learn and practice the use of superficial dry needling including fascia and scars, periosteal pecking, and deep dry needling of the cervical, shoulder, upper arm, forearm, thumb and hand muscles.
Case studies are included to apply clinical reasoning and recognize common indications for dry needling.
Students are examined at the end of each day with a practical competency exam.
Who can attend:
Only licensed medical practitioners may attend. This may include PT’s, OT’s, Athletic Trainers, Nurse practitioners, acupuncturists, PA’s, DC’s, DO’s and MD’s. Before attending, please check with your state/country’s licensing board that dry needling is within your scope of practice.
What is included:
All the equipment that you will need for the course is included. When you arrive, you will be issued with a complete needling kit, which will include all the needles that you will use for the course and more. Gloves, sharps containers, and a station set up for needling will be ready for you. You will receive a detailed manual for the course.
IAOM/ODNS would like to thank Agupunt APS and its distributor, Mojility, for supplying needle supplies for our courses.
Target Group: PT, OT, NP, L.Ac, PA’s, DC’s, DO’s, MD’s,
Education Level: Intermediate
- Integrate myofascial concepts into the assessment and diagnosis of 3 hand associated musculoskeletal disorders.
- Apply the neurophysiology of both Myofascial pain and mechanisms for needle deactivation of at least 5 TrPs located in shoulder, 5 TrPs in elbow and 5 in hand musculature.
- Identify at least 5 active and 5 latent MTrPs in the upper quarter region using common referral patterns
- Identify skills and competences involved in dry needling for deactivation of at least 5 MTrPs located in the upper quarter.
- Integrate specific principles of dry needling to set up a clean field needling station and perform safe needling techniques.
- Integrate knowledge from “best clinical practice” and research evidence when introducing dry needling techniques to treat at least 5 different musculoskeletal conditions associated with myofascial pain syndrome of the upper quarter.
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
6101, Woodway Drive, Waco, Texas, 76712, United States
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm