Strategic Communications for Better Results – Anchorage, AK – May 2023
7.75 Contact Hours / 0.775 CEUs
This one-day live course provides learners a hands-on experience with the essential tool of communication. While rehabilitation specialists understand the value of their technical skills, top providers are now recognizing the importance of relationship and communication skills to connect with patients in a way that keeps them healthy and improves patient motivation to achieve better results. This course will be primarily a lab course where participants apply the knowledge gained from the Online course to learn and practice new relationship skills.
Target Audience: PT, OT, AT, PTA, OTA, CHT, OTR, DPT
Educational Level: Basic
At the completion of the training student will:
- Appraise common challenges of clinical practice through the lens of previously covered didactic information.
- Experience and Value the emotional sensation of the social brain through hands-on exercises.
- Recognize the ability to maintain resourceful states in oneself and others, thus improving effectiveness and morale and decreasing burnout
- Execute rapid rapport methods to create enhanced initial connection with patients
- Select and practice methods to explore patients’ beliefs and engage them in a way that enhances motivation and improve patient engagement
- Select the practical tools to minimize risk of compassion fatigue and effectively utilize empathy to enhance outcomes
- Select and apply specific language patterns to decrease resistance and resolve barriers to change
- Apply methods to pace patients in a way that enhances trust
- Choose language strategies to minimize the risk of non-compliance with challenging patients
- Develop skills Encourage active patient participation by presenting treatment plans complementary to patients’ beliefs
- Develop methods to measure patients’ readiness for change and ways in which to adapt to their current state of readiness.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
1917, Abbott Road, Anchorage, Alaska, 99507, United States
8:00 am – 5:00 pm