Systematic Evaluation and Treatment of the Elbow Chicago IL Apr 2024
15.25 Contact Hours/1.525 CCU
This course directly relates to occupational and physical therapy practice, as it provides participants with foundational knowledge in the anatomy and pathoanatomy of the elbow to understand various clinical presentations that relate to the elbow. A portion of the course is focused on performing joint mobilization to address stiffness at the elbow, which is a common occurrence following trauma. With addressing pain issues about the elbow, this course covers how to differentiate the pain-generator with lateral elbow pain and provides efficient methods to treat issues with musculotendinous unit, joint, and nerve. Lateral elbow pain is a very common diagnosis seen in occupational and physical therapy clinics. It also addresses differential diagnosis and treatment with medial and anterior elbow pain. The course will promote improved expertise in treatment of the elbow, leading to optimal patient outcomes
Target Audience: PT, OT, PTA, OTA, CHT, OTR, DPT.
Educational Level: Intermediate
Our live courses are made up of lectures that are taught through audiovisual systems (Power Point / Keynote), and all course information is sent to participants before the starting day of the actual course for further review and discussion. The hands-on section is carried out through demonstration of techniques performed by the instructors, and then replicated by the participants under instructors’ supervision, guidance, and feedback. The hands-on section is evaluated by the instructors using an observable skills rubric.
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- We will not offer partial credit. Online courses: Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit. Live courses: Participants must attend all the activities. Attendees must sign an attendance sheet for the course, placing their name, license number and state, and signature for both morning and afternoon attendance..
- Execute an examination using a systematic approach to address elbow conditions to determine the pain-generator (OT Service Delivery)
- Demonstrate how to provide joint mobilization techniques for limitations at the humeroulnar, humeroradial and proximal radio-ulnar joint and relate to functional implications for home program carryover. (OT Service Delivery)
- Describe key concepts regarding rehabilitation for elbow instability (Foundational Knowledge, OT Service Delivery)
- Demonstrate manual techniques to address soft tissue disorders about the medial, anterior, and lateral elbow (OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge)
- Select provocative tests to classify nerve compressions at the elbow and forearm that cause impairment in occupations (Foundational Knowledge, OT Service Delivery)
- Compare and contrast functional implications and activity modification recommendations for occupations within holistic treatment plans to address the following syndromes: cubital tunnel, pronator syndrome, radial tunnel, and Wartenberg’s syndrome (OT Service Delivery)
1260, Iroquois Avenue, Naperville, Illinois, 60563, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:00 pm