Systematic Evaluation and Treatment of the Shoulder – Raleigh NC – Jun 2023
15 Education Hours
Improve your clinical confidence with treating the shoulder!
Participants will be able to perform joint specific mobilization techniques for adhesive capsulitis that address capsular restrictions with limitations to 90⁰ and at end-range including testing and treatment of limitations at the acromioclavicular (AC) and sternoclavicular (SC) joints. Determine the difference in clinical presentation between patients with external and internal impingement and assess the integrity of the rotator cuff musculature, identify bursal irritation and perform special tests related to impingement and instability.
Target Audience: OT, COTA,PT,PTA
Educational Level: Intermediate
Our live courses are made up of lectures that are taught through audiovisual systems (Power Point / Keynote), and all course information is sent to participants before the starting day of the actual course for further review and discussion. The hands-on section is carried out through demonstration of techniques performed by the instructors, and then replicated by the participants under instructors’ supervision, guidance, and feedback. The hands-on section is evaluated by the instructors using an observable skills rubric.
- Execute an examination using the systematic approach including differentiating between external and internal impingement and determining the most efficient course of treatment (OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge)
- Perform joint specific mobilization techniques to address capsular restrictions with limitations to 90 degrees and at end-range shoulder motion. (OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge)
- Appraise the role of the AC and SJ joint contributions to the kinetic chain with functional reaching patterns for occupations and perform testing and treatment of limitations at the AC and SC joints. (Foundational Knowledge, OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge)
- Examine the integrity of the rotator cuff musculature, identify bursal irritation, and perform special tests related to impingement and instability. (Foundational Knowledge, OT Service Delivery)
- Critique positions used for occupations that are mechanically harmful for shoulder instability and create a selective treatment plan to promote joint stability based on evidence-based understanding of muscle groups. (OT Service Delivery, Foundational Knowledge)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
3024, New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27610, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:00 pm