Systematic Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist II – Nashville TN – Nov 2023
15.25 Education Hours
This course advances therapists through a systematic approach and progression to evaluating and treating joint and soft tissue disorders of the wrist and forearm. This course will help you develop to further explore of the carpal kinetics and kinematics to enhance understanding of carpal instability. Also, the participants will develop an understanding of the classification criteria of instability and how they complement each other to form a more complete picture.
Target Audience: PTs, PTA, OTs, ATs
Educational Level: Advanced
Our live courses are made up of lectures that are taught through audiovisual systems (Power Point / Keynote), and all course information is sent to participants before the starting day of the actual course for further review and discussion. The hands-on section is carried out through demonstration of techniques performed by the instructors, and then replicated by the participants under instructors’ supervision, guidance, and feedback. The hands-on section is evaluated by the instructors using an observable skills rubric.
- Formulate how carpal kinetics and kinematics can contribute to carpal instability.
- Through the use of surface anatomy, identify key bony and soft tissue structures at the wrist needed for testing and treatment of wrist instability.
- Explain the classification criteria of instability and Formulate how they complement each other to form a more complete picture.
- Perform specific manual therapy testing techniques to identify and treat limitations at the radiocarpal, midcarpal, and specific carpal joints.
- Categorize the different surgical techniques to address dissociative and non-dissociative carpal instabilities.
- Select and Combine the appropriate therapeutic management and precautions of non-surgical and post-surgical instability diagnoses.
- Perform specific testing and treatment techniques to identify and address nerve compressions at the wrist.
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
1215, 21st Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee, 37232, United States
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
8:00 am – 3:00 pm