Clinical Reasoning for Laboratory and EMG/NCS Consultation
2 Contact Hours / 0.2 CEUs
Have you ever asked when to request and discuss laboratory studies or EMG testing with your patients? Or how these results affect your patient care and management? These are questions that will be discussed as well as the overall role of the physical therapist in laboratory and EMG consultation; how these results could affect your clinical decision making. During this course, we will discuss case studies involving laboratory findings and importance of EMG testing in the physical therapy patient management.
Target group: PT, PTA, AT, OT
Education Level: Basic
- Provide an overview of the physical therapist’s role in laboratory and EMG/NCS studies for patient care.
- Discuss appropriate consultation of laboratory and neurodiagnostic studies are needed for patient management.
- Describe clinical practice implications of commonly used laboratory tests and electrodiagnostic studies.
- Examine case studies involving laboratory findings and importance of EMG testing to physical therapy patient management.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.