The International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine – US Fellowship in Clinical Diagnostics and Orthopedic Manual Therapy is accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association as a post-professional clinical fellowship program for physical therapists in Musculoskeletal Evaluation and Management.
The mission statement for IAOM-US Fellowship Program is based on a commitment to excellence in clinical practice and professional development. In response, the IAOM-US Fellowship Program is committed to advancing physical therapy practitioners in evidence-based clinical diagnostics and musculoskeletal care.
The IAOM-US Fellowship Program is accredited through the Accreditation Council on Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Education (ACOMPTE) and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), in partnership with ScD program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
- The IAOM-US Fellowship is created with the intention of guiding professionals into
- becoming leaders in neuro-musculoskeletal care through refining diagnostic and manual therapy clinical skills.
- opportunities to develop motor control and biopsychosocial treatment skills through coursework and clinical rotations under the supervision of teaching Fellows of the Academy.
- completion of one-on-one clinical rotations either at the mentor clinic or through synchronous virtual sessions at the fellow student clinic.
Fellowship Pre-Requisites and Application Information
The IAOM-US Orthopedic Manual Therapy Fellowship program application is now processed through a centralized application service for post-professional fellowship education program accredited by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). The majority of fellowship education programs are participating in RF-PTCAS (Residency and Fellowship Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service) Click here to apply. This process allows physical therapist residency and fellowship applicants to use a single web-based application and one set of materials to apply to fellowship programs. You will need to create an account and generate username and password to apply.
Completed application forms, all supplemental information, and application fees must be enclosed in the application submission packet.
- IAOM-US Application fee ($150.00) Click here to complete the payment (Please note that the RF-PTCAS WebAdmit system has an additional $135.00 online application processing fee)
If you have difficulties, contact the IAOM-US at 866-426-6101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline for the IAOM-US Fellowship Program is June 1 and December 1 to the Fellowship Admission Committee of the IAOM-US. Applications are processed within the next three months and potential acceptance voted by the committee within that period.
Mission and Goals
The mission of this unique fellowship program of the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine – US is to educate and develop expert professionals in orthopedic manual therapy, committing to:
1. Guiding the fellowship candidate to a foundation of applied and clinical sciences that serve as the basis for effective clinical expertise.
2. Providing physical therapy professionals with the opportunity to develop advanced skills and processes in the clinical diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders.
3. Offering the candidates a framework for excellence in patient care in collaboration with professional members from other health care disciplines.
4. Establishing for the candidates a model for professional leadership, whereby they can serve as frontrunners in clinical management of musculoskeletal conditions and disorders.
5. Delivering to a model of mentoring, not only to serve as the foundation of their own clinical experiences, but additionally as the template for the clinical mentoring they provide to future clinicians.
6. Building within the fellowship candidates a paradigm for effective teaching, thus equipping each candidate with the tools necessary for success as an educator of patients, colleagues and the public.
7. Providing physical therapy professionals with the opportunity to acquire certification in advanced clinical practice, as well as ‘Fellow’ status with the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists.
Requisites IAOM-US Fellowship Program
Estimated Costs in IAOM-US Fellowship
|Administrative fee||$ 2,950.00|
|RF-PTCAs application||$ 135.00|
|IAOM-US application fee||$ 180.00|
|IAOM Membership||$ 150.00|
|6 IAOM Courses @ $649||$ 3,894.00|
|Retake ($150 per course)|
|TTUHSC Courses||$ 7,370.00|
|Fellowship Annual Fee (January)|
|Fellowship Accreditation Site Visit (2022)|
|Fellowship Director Fee (Split income for parallel mentoring)|
|Fellowship Director Admin Fee|
|Mentoring online 1 (30 hours = 240 hours mentored patient care) Fall 2020||$ 1,500.00|
|Mentoring online 2 (30 hours = 240 hours mentored patient care) Fall 2021||$ 1,500.00|
|Clinical Rotation 1|
|Clinical Rotation 2|
If you required additional information, please download the documents below or contact us at email@example.com or 866 426 6101