Clinical Reasoning for Spinal Pain Management
18.5 Contact Hours/1.85 CEUs
The IAOM-US Clinical Reasoning for Spinal Pain Management Diagnose Precisely. Treat Effectively online course emphasizes didactic or theoretical content that is delivered through online lectures and online material (eManuals*: course slides and study guide). This is as elf-paced on-line course available 24/7.
The course is segmented into lecture modules plus module assessments to gauge your understanding (must meet a minimum score prior to moving to the next module). You are able to start and stop your viewing time as needed. Your course certificate will be available for you to print upon completion of the course. The study guide is provided to help focus your learning and prepare you for topics covered on the assessments (for each online module). This course takes an in-depth look at Spinal pathoanatomy, biomechanics, basic and segmental clinical examination and interpretation, management suggestions and specific approaches to diagnose and treat Spinal Pain
Target group: PT, PTA, AT, OT
Education Level: Basic
Objectives and Goals
At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Verbalize the essential history and exam components for patient profiling
- Utilize history and exam to determine dysfunctions
- Identify the patient’s stage of pain
- List the pathophysiological adaptations during acute and chronic pain.
- Discuss evaluation tools for identifying 5 systems of dysfunctions
- Soft Tissues
- Joint + Segment
- Mind + Body + Brain (Biopsychosocial)
- Posture + Control
- Strength + Function
- Identify the features of chronic pain via history and examination
- Utilize patient profiling to identify pain generators for
- Acute Pain
- Recurrent Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Describe the stages of pain and incorporate this into treatment programs
- Utilize physical therapy treatment options for recurrent and chronic pain.
- Perform direct treatment for the pain generator
- Perform indirect treatments for the dysfunctions
- Targeting pain generators through precise diagnostic methods and interventional pain management procedures
- Utilize a 10-stage lumbar, cervical, and thoracic exercise program
- Utilize 70+ handouts in the clinic for patients and to assist with marketing
Pre-approved in the following states
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval. Please review our policies for Refunds, Cancellations, EULA|