Diagnosis and Management of the Hip and Pubic Symphysis
This ~8 hours online IAOM-US course is appropriate for ATs, OTs, PT’s and PTA’s.
The hip joint complex can be an enigma! it’s a proximal joint that shows up to the clinic with some vague symptom’s presentation. Loading, for example, can play an important role in how different conditions can affect, in different ways, the patient’s clinical presentation.
Dr. Jean-Michel Brismèe and Dr. Phil Sizer help participants to understand the differential diagnosis and specific treatment for common hip joint musculoskeletal conditions.The IAOM-US Diagnosis and Management of the Hip and Pubic Symphysis online course takes an in-depth look at primary and secondary pathoanatomy, biomechanics, basic and specific clinical examination and interpretation, management suggestions and specific approaches to diagnose and treat hip and pelvic related disorders.
This course emphasizes didactic or theoretical content that is delivered through online lectures and materials (emanuals*: course slides, study guide and suggested reading). This is a self-pace on-line course available 24/7. You can start and stop your viewing time as needed. It is segmented into lecture modules plus a final quiz to gauge your understanding. The study guide is provided to help focus your learning experience and prepare you to apply this knowledge into your daily clinical practice. This online course is perfect complement to the IAOM-US Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Management of the Hip hands-on, lab-based portion.
Target Audience: PT, PTA, AT
Educational Level: Basic
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify approval in your state.
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- We will not offer partial credit. Online courses: Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit. Live courses: Participants must attend all the activities. Attendees must sign an attendance sheet for the course, placing their name, license number and state, and signature for both morning and afternoon attendance..
- Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to…
- Given a case study of one of the most common musculoskeletal pathologies of the hip joint and pubic symphysis with consequent clinical dysfunctions, the learner will independently integrate the anatomic, physiologic and biomechanical findings into a differential diagnosis report.
- Accurately identify at least one common clinical dysfunction of the hip region in 3 different patient scenarios.
- Accurately identify at least one common clinical dysfunction of the pubic symphysis region in 3 different patient scenarios.
- Identify 3 effective treatment interventions for acute, recurrent and chronic hip region dysfunctions and related pathologies.
- Identify 3 effective treatment interventions for acute, recurrent and chronic pubic symphysis region dysfunctions and related pathologies
- Design a treatment plan for a patient with acute dysfunction of the hip joint.
- Design a treatment plan for a patient with acute dysfunction of the pubic symphysis.
- Design a treatment plan for a patient with recurrent or chronic hip joint dysfunctions.
- Design a treatment plan for a patient with recurrent or chronic pubic symphysis dysfunctions