Diagnosis and Management of the Knee
This course is approximately 8 hours of content. It is appropriate for ATs, OTs, PT’s and PTA’s. The IAOM-US teaches that the essential starting point for orthopedic care is accurate clinical diagnosis.
IAOM courses and resources present effective manual orthopedic techniques established by leaders in the field. Scientific and clinical research provides the foundation for the entire program.
- At the conclusion of this course, the learner will have…
- An exact knowledge of patho-anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics of the Knee.
- The ability to perform a concise clinical examination of the Knee.
- Methodology for interpreting the clinical examination to reach a precise clinical diagnosis of the Knee.
- The ability to perform effective treatment through an accurate understanding of surface anatomy and tissue physiology of the Knee.
- The most effective techniques for mobilization of the Knee.
- The ability to combine soft tissue and specific articulation techniques to affect total treatment of the Knee.
- A framework for prescription of affliction-specific exercises for the Knee.