Diagnosis and Management of the Shoulder and Shoulder Girdle
This IAOM-US course is appropriate for PT’s, PTA’s, OT’s, OTA’s. The IAOM-US teaches that the essential starting point for orthopedic care is accurate clinical diagnosis. IAOM courses and resources present effective manual orthopedic techniques established by leaders in the field. Scientific and clinical research provides the foundation for the entire program.
The IAOM Shoulder course takes an in-depth look at Shoulder patho-anatomy, including the Glenohumeral joint, the SC joint and AC joint. Participants learn about Clinical Examination, including specific Cases and Mock Clinics. Interpretation and surface anatomy are discussed at length. The instructors detail Impingement Syndrome: bursal inflammation and rotator cuff lesions followed by additional testing and soft tissue treatment. Joint specific treatment techniques for limitations in ranges under 90° elevation, to improve arm elevation, end-range techniques SC/AC joints are also discussed
Contact email@example.com to request approval in your state.
At the conclusion of this program, the learner will be able to…
- Utilize an exact knowledge of shoulder pathoanatomy, physiology, and biomechanics.
- Ability to perform a concise clinical exams.
- Methodology to interpret clinical exams, to offer your clients precise diagnoses.
- A solid framework for prescribing affliction-specific exercises.
- A clear understanding of shoulder biomechanics and how the entire upper quarter relates to function and pathology.
- A detailed discussion of shoulder anatomy and how it relates to pathology.
- Gain knowledge for shoulder instability including capsular laxity, labral lesions and rehab strategies