Using Disc Hydration Principles to Heal the Intervertebral Disc
1.5 Contact Hours / 0.15 CEUs
This presentation will address intervertebral disc pathophysiology and degeneration processes and the potential for healing and which positions, movements and lifestyle could help strengthen the disc and preserve its health. Some strategies to limit the effects of spinal stenosis will be discussed as well as in the treatment of people with back pain and nerve root compression syndrome.
Target group: PT, PTA, AT, OT
Education Level: Basic
COURSE OUTLINE-USING DISC HYDRATION PRINCIPLES TO HEAL THE INTERVERTEBRAL DISC
Objectives and Goals
- Explain intervertebral disc pathophysiology and degeneration processes
- Identify strategies to preserve disc health
- Determine appropriate postures and movements to preserve disc health
- Develop strategies to strengthen the disc
- Identify when to hydrate/dehydrate the disc based on pain patterns and patients’ characteristics
- Provide example of management of patients with nerve root compression syndrome
Pre-approved in the following states
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval. Please review our policies for Refunds, Cancellations, EULA|