Psychologically Informed for Better Results
12 Contact Hours / 1.2 CEUs
This online course provides learners a critical foundation for becoming a complete clinician to achieve better outcomes. While biopsychosocial is widely accepted as an important component of patient care, many are struggling to fully understand what it means and how to put it into practice. This online course will guide learners through a simple but comprehensive understanding of what is necessary to be psychologically informed. From this knowledge, learners can begin a process of transforming themselves and their practice to more effectively connect with their patients for better results. While this course can stand alone, it provides the necessary background for the 1-day, hands-on, live course.
Target Audience: PT, OT, AT, PTA, OTA, CHT, OTR, DPT
Educational Level: Basic
Objectives and Goals
At the completion of the training, students will:
- Describe the evolution of the current healthcare system and subsequent dilemmas
- Explain the concept of being psychologically informed in a physical rehabilitation setting
- Recognize the need to integrate current scientific evidence from multiple fields to create the best outcomes
- Describe the attributes of a successful clinical outcome
- Integrate the evolving science of psychology within physical rehabilitation, specifically the common factors model
- Recognize emotional regulation and interpersonal emotional regulation as a clinical skill
- Explain how the neuroscience describes the social brain
- Apply current theoretical constructs into clinical practice with case studies.
- Emotional regulation
- Therapeutic Alliance
- Connect with patients in a manner that inspires adherence to the treatment plan
- Recognize states of readiness in yourself and your patients
- Explain the science behind relationship-centered care and the patient-provider alliance
Pre-approved in the following states
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval. Please review our policies for Refunds, Cancellations, EULA|