Shoulder Arthroplasty: Rehab Considerations for both Anatomic and Reverse Total Shoulders
1 Contact Hour / 0.1 CEUs
Dr. Porretto-Loehrke, expert in diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal dysfunctions of the Hand & Upper Extremity, describes detailed differences between anatomic and reverse total shoulder functionality and rehab goals. She also shares her clinical experience on common pitfalls and restrictions commonly seen in the recovery phases.
Target group: PT, PTA, AT, OT
Education Level: Basic
Objectives and Goals
- Differentiate between the 2 types of procedures: total (or anatomic) shoulder arthroplasty (TSA) and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty (rTSA).
- Summarize rehabilitation goals for each procedure.
- Integrate healing process concepts in the early stage of rehabilitation (0-6 weeks)
- Integrate healing process concepts in the late stage of rehabilitation (6+ weeks)
- Identify expected clinical outcomes after each specific surgery
- Describe common pitfalls and lifetime restrictions for patients with shoulder arthroplasty
Pre-approved in the following states
Contact email@example.com to verify approval in your state. Please contact us if you hold a Florida license.
For Pre-Approvals see the PDF - Continuing Education Accreditations & Approvals Requested and/or Received by Organization: PDF File
- Financial: The instructor(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this course.
- Non-financial: The instructor(s) have no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
- Partial credit is not available. For online courses, passing module assessments and completing the course evaluation is required to earn continuing education credit. For live courses, attendance is confirmed by signing the attendance sheet at the course; ensure name and professional license number are accurate, and initial both morning and afternoon attendance.
|I understand it is my responsibility to confirm the IAOM-US has CCUs approved for this course in my state and/or inform IAOM-US what is required to obtain CCU approval. Please review our policies for Refunds, Cancellations, EULA|